Ravenheat Combi Boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I hope you can help please with some advice. I rent out a 3 bedroom house out with a Ravenheat combi boiler (approx 10 years old). The heat exchanger has clogged up for a second time in 2 years and water fluctuated between hot and cold water. It has a fernox magnet filter and an in line descaler. I have a British Gas contract on it and the engineer who is fitting a new heat exchanger on monday has said the heat exchanger is clogged due to the crap in the rads. The rads were flushed through 2 years ago, and I took them all off yesterday and flushed them each through with a hosepipe and there was a little of black water from each one, but minimal. Is there anything else that would cause the heat exhanger to keep clogging up?

This boiler has had about seven callouts in the last 18mth as parts keep failing, therefore I am looking to change the boiler for a system boiler, which would enable the tenant to still have hot water if the boiler fails. I am looking to install a Worcester Bosch, with a megaflow or similar tank in the loft (all boarded out and dry/clean) as I have no other room in the house. Would this work? any suggestions on reliable make of tank would be appreciated and is Worcester Bosch a decent reliable boiler?

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
Ravenheat boilers are gash so you're doing the right thing

worcester boilers are up there with the best manufacturers.

regarding a cylinder, worcester do their own so you may be able to get a deal on a package.

oh and yes it is a viable option

If your boiler has lasted that long on a sh*t system, maybe changing service provider would save a lot of unnecessary expense. At worst a system cleanse and boiler change, by someone competent, who'll look after it long term.

Nothing Worcester make will compensate for installers who cut corners or engineers who don't know or aren't allowed to maintain boilers as thoroughly as they should be.

Sponsored Links
I went to a combi last week with a blocked plate HE and a Magnaclean fitted correctly to the return.

In spite of the Magnaclean, the plate had attracted significant dirt from the rads over just one year!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back