Flushing pressurised system after doing pipework

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I'm looking to add a couple of rads to my heating system (pressurised system powered by a 38kW Worcester-Bosch combi). Where I'm puzzled is what I do about cleaning out the swarf and flux when I'm finished. When I've plumbed anything before it's a simple case of blasting water through it and down the drain; with a boiler in the mix how do I make sure I don't clog up the heat exchanger? Is there a filter that catches anything big enough to be problematic?

The boiler was installed 3-4 years ago, and is in good running order (serviced each year by an approved Worcester-Bosch installer). The pipework for the ground floor comes down from the ceilings and also on the ground floor are draincocks on most rads and underneath the boiler itself.

Sponsored Links
You shouldn't have anything in the pipes for just a couple of rads. Don't smother everything in flux... Put it on the pipe and not in the fittings.
If you really want to flush the ends of the pipes out...just do that... Container and towel down and fill the system until you get a little water out of pipe ends.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back