Ravenheat combi boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Since moving in to our house in Watford 4 years ago I have had huge problems with my Ravenheat RSF 820 combi boiler. I've had it repaired about half a dozen times, and I'm on the point of completely replacing it, even though it isn't that old. However, I might give it one more shot - if I can find a truly bona fide engineer who knows Ravenheat products and has attended the correct training courses.
Can anyone point me in the right direction please. (Watford, Herts)

Sponsored Links
Thanks. I was actually thinking along those lines.
Do you happen to know if Ravenheat are "cheap and cheerful" or are they good quality products, and I've just been unlucky (or it was badly installed maybe)

I've got the same boiler, what problems are you having. How's your timer?

Sponsored Links
I inherited this boiler when I moved in about 4 years ago and have had nothing but trouble. I think anything that could have gone wrong with it has gone wrong in that period (including the timer). Since posting my first message I got British Gas to come out, and they took one look at it and said they weren't prepared to repair or maintain it. Basically it was f****d! I bit the bullet and invested in a brand new boiler from a supplier the BG engineer recommended. They more or less said that Ravenheat were a load of ****e, and replaced it with a Worcester. I'm no expert in these things, and keeping my fingers crossed this one will be OK. I do know that combi boilers are a bit iffy historically, and I'd be happier if finances permitted, replacing with a "proper" system. Maybe technology has advanced over the past few years. This probably isn't much help to you, but at least I'm getting it iff my chest!
Regards

I inherited mine as well, had 3 problems, noise (which I fixed by topping up the system, thanks to this site)

The timer keeps resetting itself and clearing the programs.

There is a leak on the water in pipe, where it joins a round brass thing with other pipes coming out of it (not very technical I know)

Was your timer fault the same?

Try Agile Services, in Watford Yellow P's. Ravenheat don't manufacture timers, and leaks can happen on any make. But it's true they don't seem to have a great reputation.

Richard, Cheap & cheerful is not the phrase I would use for these boilers but the forum rules prevent me from expressing just how bad they are, bin it and get an Ideal, Worcester or Glow Worm mate.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back