Ravenheat Combi Issue(s)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,

I moved into a house in Febuary that has a Ravenheat Combi Boiler - it's either RSF84ET or RSF100ET. I've had endless problems with it.

It was last serviced in December, and there were no issues found. Then on the week of moving in, on turning the boiler on it did not work at all. The engineer then replaced the main circuit board as a component appeared 'burnt out' - this restored central heating. The hot water only works when the heating is on i.e. on the winter setting. It does not work on the summer setting.

So Q1 - what would be the cause of this?

Due to this we recently turned down all of the radiators, as to obtain hot water we needed to turn the heating on and with the summer well on its way having the heating on it was becoming pretty warm inside!

Tonight, my partner was running a bath - and when about 50% full the boiler made an all mighty bang and then water started to rapidly drip out of the bottom.

Q2 - what could be the cause of this?

I've isolated the power and water now so at the moment we're doing without the boiler.

Q3 - Are Ravenheats normally good? Or do they have a reputation for being un reliable? I've already spent out around £400 on it and am thinking whether I'd be better off investing in an alternative boiler!

Thanks for your thoughts!

Pete.

Sponsored Links
i guess you already know the answer.. bangs followed by leaks shouldnt be considered an obituary but not much better than last rites.
ravenheat have a reputation but i'm servicing a 15 yr old tommorow and its as good as new..

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back