ravenheat condensate corrosion

Sponsored Links
It might also be a reason as to why you shouldnt fit a boiler with an alloy heat exc ' ?? this corrosion occured because the boiler was constantly condensing , which might suggest that many are fortunate (?) that there boilers are not constantly condensing ?

It might also be a reason as to why you shouldnt fit a boiler with an alloy heat exc ' ?? this corrosion occured because the boiler was constantly condensing , which might suggest that many are fortunate (?) that there boilers are not constantly condensing ?

Sponsored Links
It is not a matter of ally or steel, but how well the boiler is designed. Ravenheap and quality do not belong in the same sentence.

The big design flaw is the flu parts, as in Ideal Icos and Isar of a few years back.

Nowadays some flues are all non metal. The way forward. Most are non metal inner flu which carries the corrosive vapor.

This picture shows a hidden collection of aluminium oxide in a Buderus which wouldn't normally come to light
During a service you wouldn't remove the part pictured, so it would go un-noticed.

Interesting pics Paul , the problem as i see it is the boiler constantly condensing , the alloy heat exc' cannot cope its dissolving away the pile of debris in the pic , is the dissolved alloy , I wrote to a well known trade publication asking if any alloy boiler manu ' would care to put there boilers to the test ,( the letter was published ) the only manu ' who responded was stewart purchase M.D Veissman ( stainless steel ) who stated our boilers are designed to cope with condensating 24/7 365 days a yr . I contacted worcester & asked them if they would honour there heat exc guarantee on the particular installation ,they would not .

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back