RAVENHEAT HE 120(T) Low Nox

GDM

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anybody tell me if the temp on the digital display is the max setting, return or flow? i can only get a max temp of 65oC when manual states it can achieve 85oC, THANKS :confused: :confused:

Sponsored Links
It can go up to 85ºC flow temp for heating but the DHW is restricted to 60º.

Could be a potentiometer or most likely CH thermistor fault .

There is a chance that the burner needs setting up properly but that's a corgi job. I attended a course on ravenheats recently and according to the guy who was running the course he reckoned that statistically only 2% of corgi's actually knew how to do it!

Suggested course of action.
1 Get a thermistor and some thermal paste and try fitting one yourself. Part number 0007son11010/0 if I recall correctly.
2 Ring Ravenheat and ask them for details of a recommended engineer and at least half expect whoever turns up to resort to calling Ravenheat for advice.
If your boiler was installed after Sept 2005 by a corgi then it should still be under guarantee if you have had it serviced annually.

Slugbabydotcom";p="821257 said:
It can go up to 85ºC flow temp for heating but the DHW is restricted to 60º.

Thanks for your help but do you know if the display should read 85oC, if the boiler has the potential to reach it,assuming all parts in good working order, as max it currently displays is 65.

By turning the heating dial up to max it should then heat the water to the max temp of 85ºC Have you had the dial set lower?

Do you think there could be a fault on the display?

Regardless of what it says on the dial. Is your house warm?

Sponsored Links
By turning the heating dial up to max it should then heat the water to the max temp of 85ºC Have you had the dial set lower?

Do you think there could be a fault on the display?

Regardless of what it says on the dial. Is your house warm?
Hi there and thanks again. i have tried stat in both directions but cannot reach 85 regardless of position.

I think something must be stopping it from going higher such as a faulty pot or thermistor, as 65 seems to be the limit and burner stops at this.

The house is not warm enough but that could be down to undersized rads. The boiler has never went above 65 since installed which just doesnt seem right, thats why i wanted to confirm if display can go higher than 65. I thought that display temp was possibly the return temp and that flow was reaching 85 anyway, but you are confirming display can reach 85, right?

Measuring the flow temp can be a PITA but might be an idea. Measure it close to CH thermistor for most accurate results.

Yes the display should reach 85ºC IMO as all other boilers with digital display are able to show the max operating temp. I cant see why this shouldn't

Measuring the flow temp can be a PITA but might be an idea. Measure it close to CH thermistor for most accurate results.

Yes the display should reach 85ºC IMO as all other boilers with digital display are able to show the max operating temp. I cant see why this shouldn't
Thanks again for that, will let you know how i get on with it.

There is a chance that the boiler is stuck on a DHW temperature mode for some reason!

You or your engineer could try disconnecting the DHW flow demand switch.

Tony

There is a chance that the boiler is stuck on a DHW temperature mode for some reason!

You or your engineer could try disconnecting the DHW flow demand switch.

Tony
Cheers Tony, have got a few options to check over now but won't be until tomorrow. Its actually a relatives bolier that i have been looking at but will leave a post with regards to how i got on, thanks

Hi folks, managed to check out bolier and found the 6 pin connector that goes from hot water and heating pots had came adrift from pcb(JP5). When refitted i could then adjust the display temp to a max of 74oC, making a significant change to the temp in the house. I can only assume that someone had been messing about with boiler before i looked at it. Thanks to everyone again. :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back