Ravenheat intermittent hot water

D

dan12345

I've got an he85t ravenheat combi. It's been fine for about 3 yrs but has recently started to run a luke warm bath. I took a look at it while the tap was running and it seems the boiler fires up for 15-30 secs, then goes out, then fires up again for 15 to 30secs or so. The result is a luke warm bath cos it's not heated all of the water.

CH is fine, luckily!!

Any ideas? Thermistor maybe?

Thanks.[/b]

Sponsored Links
Possibly the diverter valve.

Andy.

Thanks Andy, is that towards the bottom of the bolier with a series of bolts around it's outer edge? I've also just noticed that there's a very very slow drip coming from this part too..?

Sponsored Links
Id be checking thermistors first, not sure why the diverter valve would make the burner heat up for 15-30 seconds?

Id be checking thermistors first, not sure why the diverter valve would make the burner heat up for 15-30 seconds?

Hi Marc, I went with the advice of a friend who had a similar problem and replaced the diverter at a cost of £50. Well I still have the same problem!! Would you mind explaining which thermistors I should try replacing please? I'm hoping they're cheaper than the diverter!!

Thanks.

check thermistors yeah but what uve said indicates a blocked plate/plate h-exchanger

I also get lots of noise from the rad which I think is closest to the boiler after the hot tap has been turned off. The noise sounds like air (maybe?!) and stops about 10-15 seconds after the hot tap has been turned off..

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back