Ravenheat RSF 820/20 - Leaky Diverter Valve

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Some advice please !

Noticed an intermittent leak from Ravenheat RSF 820/20 boiler, and after taking the front cover off located the leak. There was a trickle from the diverter valve. For someone with no boiler experience, is it advisable to attempt changing the diverter valve myself or get an expert to do it.

Sponsored Links
Many professionals see that job on your model as a tricky job likely to result in scraped knuckles and considerable annoyance if little bits fall off the back.

I would allow 1.5 hours and hope I might complete it in an hour if everything went well ( unlikely ).

Even if all goes well I often find that when I test the boiler its severely scaled up and my fixed price quote becomes a little difficult to manage.

Tony

WIthout fairly unusual tools it's probably impossible.

Sponsored Links
I have a Ravenheat LS 80 and I've just changed the divertor valve. My knuckles are still sore and it was a two minute job that took hours...get some other poor sod to do it for you ;)

Actually it would depend where the leak was - you may not need a new valve...

Thanks all, for your advice. But the boiler is quite old and don't really want to pay an engineer to repair if it can be helped.

So I'm going to give it a go. Probably has just perished o'rings, but to do this the DV will have to be removed, so I may as well replace the complete DV whilst it's out since it's sound like a *hitty job.

BES Ltd sell this DV for £33 (delivered).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back