Ravenheat RSF 84E flame failure

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Ravenheat combi boiler (for my sins). I have had more than a few problems with it as with its predecessor, didn't learn my lesson. Recently it has started to shut down and the flame failure light illuminates. I switch it off for a minute or so and then it fires back up and runs fine. This runs (on / off via room thremostat) over night and into the next afternoon then fails again and the cycle has to be repeated. I suspected the ignition electrode but as this will fire up I am starting to think about the ignition board.

Any help is more than appreciated. :?:

You don't have to tell me your thoughts on Ravenheat, I already know.....

Sponsored Links
i once had trouble with a raven heat i think it was the csi84 condensing combi? worked ok on hw but heating was trying to fire then shut down. there was a chattering on the pcb i thought it was that i changed it to no avail. it ended up being the roomstat, might be worth linking roomstat out and try that

Thanks, but I already have replaced the PCB, this did not cure it so I have a spare PCB and a light wallet, then replaced the low pressure switch - this was blocked with corosion so I flushed through the system, applied cleaner, flushed again and added conditioner. Now have this problem.

Just tried the HW without CH, it tried to fire several times and cut out, it did light each time but went out after a several seconds. Directs me towards the HW sensor. Have had to replace these several times in the past. Still unsure.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back