Ravenheat RSF82E1 no ignition

PSM

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My boiler is not heating up any water, as the ignition is not working.
I have noticed that for several weeks the power light has been flashing and I'm sure it wasn't doing so prior to that. also, a few days ago my husband finally (after about three years) finally sorted out the condenstation, so that we didn't have to have a bucket under it any more.

as you will appreciate, I don't really know what I am talking about.

My questions are:
should the Power light be flashing?

could sorting out the condensation have anything to do with the ignition not working?

do I call out a boiler engineer or do I think about getting a new boiler?

My husband is away at the moment and I'd like to have a bit more information before he comes back as I know he's going to try and sort this out for himself and I'd like to be in a position to have some input in any decisions he makes.

thanks for any help given

Sponsored Links
Sorry, I've just realised I entered a wrong letter - It should have been Ravensheat RSF82ET

Ring ravenheat on 01132527007 they will recommend an engineer close to you. If you are in north east it might even be me

Its not a condensing boiler and shouldnt have any condensation unless its in a really damp place like a bathroom.

I could witter on a bit but i think the best option is to get someone who knows what they are doing with it

One thing you could try. Is there a white cap I think down to the left on ur model ?
Unscrew it and see if the red button clicks when you press it.

Check that your pressure is up above one bar

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back