RCCB TRIPPED, CAN'T GET POWER BACK ON

7RICCHI

Hi

I was cutting the grass when I accidently cut the lawn mower wire which was connected to an outside socket. This socket is running off a RCCB, so when i cut the lawn mower wire it has tripped the RCCB switch box. I went to switch the RCCB switch box on and off but the power still hasn't come back on, the lights and sockets don't work. Any idea's on what the problem could be?

Sponsored Links
Have you definitely turned the RCCB back on? Some of them have to be pressed all the way down before switching them back up. With some, you may need to turn off all the circuit breakers (the other switches) then switch on the RCCB before switching the breakers back on.

PJ

Or is your RCCB of the plug-in kind? In which case you need to check for another RCCB/RCD in your consumer unit.

PJ

Thanks for the quick reply. Yes I have just done that and still no power.

Sponsored Links
You've tripped something at the board.

I hope you have disconnected the cut flex from the socket before you start trying to get things back on.

Action: discon cut flex and plug, go to cu, switch on unit with the test button, make sure no mcbs have triped. If they have reset to on position. Test lights and sockets. Reset rcd on socket, test socket with working device.

Throw away lawn mower, or replace complete flex with new, or join via

http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/BRH65Z.html

Yes I have disconnected everything before i started to switch it on and off. I have tried all your instructions and still no power.

Is that fuse box in your garage or similar?

Chances are you've also blown / tripped the device which supplies this fusebox.

Yes it's a separate fuse box from the one in my house, it's for a games room which is located in the garden. If I have blown/tripped the device that supplies this fuse box would you know how to get the power working again?

You need to go to where the electricity comes into your house (where your electric meter is) and see if there is anything which has tripped there.

If you're not sure what you're looking at / for, take another photo and post it on here, and we will be able to tell you.

Is it not fused from your main consumer unit that supplys the house?
Chances are that that is to RCD protected and that may have RCD tripped or taken the MCB out.
Does the rest of the house electrics work?

Nothing has been tripped where the electric meter is. The switch box is wired up to the main fuse box in the house and yes the rest of the electrics in the house works.

Is everything thing at house consumer unit in on position?
Picture/photo!

If so you could have knackered the RCCB, or MCB at main board, need a visit from an electrician.
Do you have a multimeter or voltage indicator by any chance?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back