RCD or no RCD

Sponsored Links
Have a cuppa, relax and try to enjoy the view from your care home window.
I think that all the people who replied, and are actually in possession of something you might be lacking but are not aware of, namely "common sense", understood what I meant and responded accordingly.
Sarcasm is not always applicable.

Have a cuppa, relax and try to enjoy the view from your care home window.
I think that all the people who replied, and are actually in possession of something you might be lacking but are not aware of, namely "common sense", understood what I meant and responded accordingly.
If you are going to take that attitude to good advice which conflicts with what you have already decided you want then you'll have a sorry time.

Sarcasm is not always applicable.
Nor is stupidity - something you would do well to realise.

By that do you mean "please don't talk about things I should understand if I were to be justified in doing work like this, but which I actually don't"?

I don't seem to find the "good advice" in the above text.
I will leave it at that, because I can see what I'm dealing with.

Sponsored Links
I would only extend the inner portion of the SWA from the Wiska box to the fuse/switch assembly if you can do so with the protection of conduit etc. as already discussed earlier. Otherwise just use T&E between them.

You can make use of the earth terminal in the back box as well if it makes things easier - The box and grid should be bonded together anyway,

I understand what you mean by extending the SWA cores via conduit to the switch.
Just to confirm: the SWA earth can be wired to back box OR directly to the Wiska earthing clamp bar, as long as a separate earth core runs from the same clamp bar to the back box (to avoid having 4 wires through the conduit), which back box is earthed from the actual feed. Do I make sense? Please say yes :confused:
Out of curiosity: are you eligible to vote? I assume you are a British citizen who moved to the US, as John mentioned.

I actually meant voting in the US, which I doubt

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back