RCD trips and will not reset on Boiler circuit

If it turns out to be the boiler PCB causing the fault I wonder if you could retain the old one and post it to me so that I can identify exactly what component has failed?

Tony

Tony
Could I ask some more questions about direction of flow when fitting new zone valves?
My new one is a Siemens 2 port model 2PZV-V22 which is same as the new one I fitted a couple of years ago purchased from Wickes.
Before I tighten gland nuts I would like to confirm which way round the two valves should be fitted?
Instructions with the new Siemens valves say they are for Wickes brand valves not Siemens so is a tad ambiguous!

Wickes Instructions say Port A = water in .... Port B = water out

Daft question: Water in from what? ... Water out to what?

I am assuming direction of flow arrow on pump which is between boiler and zone valves indicates direction of flow through pump? Which then flows to the two zone valves (which both branch from the same single pump pipe).

Is flow sequence Boiler / Pump / Zone valves (In Port A on both valves) then (Out Port B on both valves) Pipework then goes up through ceiling to either hot water tank or upstairs radiators for Central Heating ?

Sorry if this seems a silly query but duff old valve which leaked was fitted with ports reversed to above scenario! Although it is a THC valve (Tower Heating Components) of Tonbridge Kent which is reversed to the new Siemens valves in terms of the 'A' & 'B' embossed on the valve bodies!

I now have doubt in my mind which way to fit valves? Or does it not matter? There is no arrow on either make of valve body I can see?

Thanks
James

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back