RCD won't reset

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello

We had our house rewired 3 - 4 years ago, by a reputable local electrician company. The main box was replaced, and has the letters ASA and a large T as the makers symbol. The RCD is a Hager CD263U.

Yesterday evening( I didn't have anything special on, and I wasn't operating any equipment), the RCD tripped and it won't reset. I have isolated the fault to the downstairs sockets. The rest of the circuits are fine, and the RCD works OK with them on. I have removed every appliance on the downstairs circuit, and the RCD still will not reset.

We haven't had any trouble with this in the past, except for a kettle which used to set it off (I have replaced that ).

What do I do now? I am rather at a loss. Thanks for looking.

Sponsored Links
images

Are you sure you've disconnected everything?

Including DP switches and FCU's, unplugged any outdoor equipment on the same circuit, pond pumps shed sockets etcetera.....

DOUBLE CHECK PLEASE!!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back