RCD

T

timmyquick

Hi can anyone direct me to a site from which i can purchase a 100amp 100ma time delayed rcd with an enclosure (insulated plastic type) to put on a TT supply before the CU.

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
Thanks, but i do not seem to be able to find one on tlc which states that it is a time delayed one. The only ones i can find just say 100ma RCD and no mention of time delayed ones.

Would it be acceptable to use RCBOs instead?. But i can not find these either.

The Setup is tt supply with split load board everything on the 30ma rcd side apart from 2 light circuits. Thus i need a 100 ma time delayed rcd rated at 100amp to use before CU. Or have thought about using 2 RCBOs for the 2 light circuits but they would need to rated for lights and fit a tenby board which currently has legrand mcbs in it.

Any one got any ideas?

Sponsored Links
Yes seen them RCBOs but assumed they would not be suitable as i thought generally that all lighting circuits should go on a 6amp MCB or 5 amp old style fuse. And after looking at the prices of them RCBOs, i might as well try and find a 100ma time delayed RCD for the whole CU

On the subject of RCD's, I have one between my CU and Kitchen/Livingroom Ring Main Socket circuit.

When I switched OFF the B32 amp supply MCB (which is upstream of the RCD), to do an "R1 and R2 test", I was surprised that the RCD actually Tripped Out, the moment I connected my 16th edition tester, between the Earth and Phase Contacts, having placed a test link between the Earth and Red conductors in the consumer unit.

Has anyone encountered this, where the RCD trips, even though the Incoming Supply is OFF, during a course of an "R1 and R2 test"???

an electromechanical rcd (which i belive most CU units are) will trip on an imbalance even without a source of extenal power

the DC sense rcds which are electronically operated have a functional earth (cream wire) to make sure they can still trip in the event of a lost neutral

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back