RDJ10RF Boiler Thermostat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've had this remote control unit for two years ever since it was fitted with the new Vailliant boiler. It's always worked OK till now. Suddenly the receiver is now showing a red light instead of a green one and the transmitter just can't communicate with it. I've tried changing the batteries and resetting both the transmitter and the receiver but nothing seems to work. The only way I can control the boiler now is by pressing the over-ride button to turn it on. I'm baffled. Any help would be much appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Try resetting it. I pinched the text below form another website.

1. Make sure the thermostat unit has its vertical switch set to 'run' and the horizontal switch set to 'auto'.
2. Loosen the screw holding the thermostat to the wall (situated underneath, just loosen the screw don't take it all the way out). take the unit to the boiler.
3. On the wall unit/receiving unit next to your boiler there are two buttons 'Set' and 'Reset'. press and hold the reset button for 4 secs until orange light starts to flash
4. Then press the 'Set' button on the same unit (the light should flash again.)
5. Press the 'Learn button on the back of the thermostat unit try to be a good meter away from the wall unit /boiler. the lights should flash and then turn green
6. Press the 'test' button on the back of the thermostat. This sends a test signal to the boiler . the green light should come on again. when this has happened press the test button again to switch off the test signal.
This should now work

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back