Seimens RDJ10RF wireless thermostat, general thoughts?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I bought a RDJ10RF wireless thermostat for my Worcester 30CDi and in the 3 days that I've had it, it has lost signal 3 times a day. Sometimes within an hour of me re esatablishing a connection as per the instructions.

The distance between transmitter to receiver is 20 feet, through a double skin wall into the outhouse, where the boiler is.

I have also noticed that it is very slow to react to temperature changes and will not 'call for heat' until it has passed the set point by up to 2 degrees.

Do other users have these issues?

Sponsored Links
They have been a problem over the years thought siemens had solved it but changed 2 in the past week. Take it back and exchange it

I've moved the thermostat closer to the transmitter, but it's in the kitchen.

No good, but has proved that distance is an issue. It's been OK today, as long as no cooking is in progress!

I'll put a longer wire on the transmitter and put the thermostat where it was, in the hallway. See how that goes and if it's still rubbish, I'll take it back to Screwfix for a different make.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
I think you need the wire on the receiver, the transmitter is the wireless bit.

Transmitter, receiver - it's wired up correctly. I mean the wiring goes to the unit thats by the boiler, the thermostat is wireless.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back