Dufnoss wireless thermostat installation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys,

Few days back, a new Vokera (It's 28KW, Linea He ) combi boiler was installed in my house. And I have a dufnoss TP7000 wireless thermostat. It worked fine for couple of days and I had to remove supply for the boiler as there was some electrical work being carried out. After that, boiler only turns on for hot water supply but doesn't seem to work with the central heating. I think it's synchronization problem between the dufnoss transmitter and receiver. thermostat shows a flame indictor, once temp setting goes above 20degc, but boiler doesn't react for that. Does any one has any experience in synchronizing this receiver ? I followed the user manual and did couple of experiments, but nothing seems to work. I am confident that the boiler is fine as it turns on for hot water supply ? I would greatly appreciate if some one can give some feedback on this.

Regards,
San

Sponsored Links
Was the Danfoss TP7000 new at the same time as the boiler or were you using it for the old boiler?

The Vokera uses volt-free switching, so there should not be a link between L and 2 at the receiver.

thermostat shows a flame indicator, once temp setting goes above 20degc, but boiler doesn't react for that.
Do you mean that the flame shows when the room temperature is above that set on the thermostat, but not when the room temperature is below? I would have thought it should be the other way round!

Are you using the correct terminals on the Danfoss to connect to the boiler? You should be using 2 and 3.

Thanks for the feedback.
Dufnoss TP7000 is also new along with the boiler. It worked fine for couple of days. But doesn't work after the boiler power was removed and restored again.

"The Vokera uses volt-free switching, so there should not be a link between L and 2 at the receiver. " not sure what you mean by this Could you please explain ?

"Do you mean that the flame shows when the room temperature is above that set on the thermostat, but not when the room temperature is below? I would have thought it should be the other way round! "
yes, I thought thats where we are setting a higher temperature and that's why boiler has to turn on to support that !! if sensor shows less then 20degs, no need to turn the boiler on.

"Are you using the correct terminals on the Danfoss to connect to the boiler? You should be using 2 and 3."

I am not sure about this as the boiler was installed by a Gas engineer and unfortunately he is on vacation now, so I can't contact him.

Cheers,

"The Vokera uses volt-free switching, so there should not be a link between L and 2 at the receiver. " not sure what you mean by this Could you please explain ?
I am referring to the receiver module of the thermostat, not the controller part, where you set the temperature etc.

Some boilers are controlled by switching on/off a 230v supplied through the thermostat; this is called 230v switching. Other boilers have a permanent 230v supply and are controlled by the opening/closing of a switch across two terminals on the boiler; this is called volt free switching.

The Danfoss can be used for both methods. The only difference is that for 230v switching there is a wire linking terminals L and 2 but not for volt free switching.

"Do you mean that the flame shows when the room temperature is above that set on the thermostat, but not when the room temperature is below? I would have thought it should be the other way round! "
yes, I thought thats where we are setting a higher temperature and that's why boiler has to turn on to support that
The flame usually means that the actual temperature, measured by the sensor, is below that set on the thermostat dial; so heat is required to bring the room up to temperature.

if sensor shows less then 20degs, no need to turn the boiler on.
You have lost me on this one! If you have set the thermostat to 20degs and the sensor measures the temperature as 18degs, then the boiler will light and heat the room up to 20degs. But, if the sensor measures the temperature as 22degs, the boiler will not come on as the actual temperature is above that set by the thermostat.

Here is a link to the TP7000RF Installation and User Instructions
If you are trying to recommission the system (page 6), its best to do this with the two units about a yard apart. This eliminates the possibility of low signal due to walls etc.

Sponsored Links
Thanks again. Atleast there is no switch on the receiver, will there be a switch on the boiler for volt free operation ?

I tried commissioning with both the RX and thermostat very close by. But nothing happened. I will try it again.

Cheers,

At least there is no switch on the receiver, will there be a switch on the boiler for volt free operation.
It's not a switch on the receiver, it will just be a short length of wire joining the L terminal to terminal 2.

There is no switch on the boiler as it is always volt-free.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back