Problem with wireless thermostat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, I have a Siemens RDJ10RF wireless thermostat that has stopped working. I've just got back from holiday and while I was away I turned off both the boiler and the thermostat. When I turned them back on again the thermostat does not appear to be communicating with my boiler. I have reset and tested the connection between the wireless control unit and the receiver and this seems to be working fine. I have also changed the batteries in the wireless unit.

The upshot of this is that whenever I have the boiler turned on, the central heating is on all the time.

Any help would be very much appreciated!!!

Sponsored Links
I would never advise anyone to turn off their RF thermostat, only the boiler.

I cannot guess what might have stopped working. All I can suggest is that you start at the beginning and go through it again.

If that fails then if yuo are safe look at the connections between the receiver unit and the boiler and see if disconnecting one of them stops the heating.

You have not told us what kind of boiler let alone the make and model.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back