Worcester Greenstar 30Si Compact ErP with no thermostat receiver but with thermostat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have just moved into brand new house with the above boiler. There seems to be no thermostat wireless receiver to communicate with the wireless thermostat on the wall. I have checked everywhere around the boiler and there are no cables coming out apart from pipes going into and out of the boiler. Nothing on the surrounding walls above or below.

I wanted to replace the wireless thermostat and install Hive but there is just no current thermostat for the current receiver at all.

Any ideas?

The current thermostat controller on the wall is a Salus brand.

Sponsored Links
Post pics of the thermostat and boiler control panel, good chance the receiver is built into the boiler, pics are always best

Post pics of the thermostat and boiler control panel, good chance the receiver is built into the boiler, pics are always best
20230403_031105.jpg

Sponsored Links
The thermostat on the wall is almost certainly connected to the boiler by a cable,, No wireless involved.

It's not that unusual for a thermostat to have batteries as that allows it to have a display or programmable functions. The presence of batteries is not an indicator of the stat being wireless. A picture would confirm if you have a wired or wireless device.

Hi,

I have just moved into brand new house with the above boiler. There seems to be no thermostat wireless receiver to communicate with the wireless thermostat on the wall. I have checked everywhere around the boiler and there are no cables coming out apart from pipes going into and out of the boiler. Nothing on the surrounding walls above or below.

I wanted to replace the wireless thermostat and install Hive but there is just no current thermostat for the current receiver at all.

Any ideas?

The current thermostat controller on the wall is a Salus brand.
Does the thermostat do anything? ie start/stop the boiler

Starts and stops the boiler, also in real time.
So it clearly communicates with the boiler, either hard-wired or wirelessly. I know nothing about Hive so can't say how that relates to your planned conversion, but somebody on here may comment.

It appears that my boiler is hard hard wired to boiler. When II take the batts out the display remains on.

What are my options to get my Hive going again?

I am guessing someone to hard wire the receiver into my boiler and then replace then install the thermostat with batts installed. Any idea on UK cost?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back