Installing Salus receiver into a Worcester Greenstar boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

My Worcester Greenstar 30Si boiler is currently connected to a Drayton Digistat wireless receiver and I would like to replace the Drayton system with a Salus thermostat and receiver unit that's designed to fit directly into a Worcester boiler where the blanking plate is.

Is it likely that I can fit the new Salus receiver without disconnecting the Drayton receiver? Or is it likely that the Drayton Digistat will have been wired in such a way that it will bypass the built-in Salus receiver?

Thanks,

Alex

Sponsored Links
The Salus that fits into the Worcester boiler got a lot of bad press and Worcester refused at one time to honour any Warranty if the Salus had been fitted not sure what the current state of play is though, if your drayton digistat has an external receiver then you will need to put a link back in to the boiler when you install the in built salus receiver

Drayton is pizz poor and you're contemplating replacing it with a salus that is pizz poorer???:ROFLMAO:

My Worcester Greenstar 30Si boiler is currently connected to a Drayton Digistat wireless receiver and I would like to replace the Drayton system with a Salus thermostat and receiver unit that's designed to fit directly into a Worcester boiler where the blanking plate is.

Is it likely that I can fit the new Salus receiver without disconnecting the Drayton receiver? Or is it likely that the Drayton Digistat will have been wired in such a way that it will bypass the built-in Salus receiver?
dont bother:cry::cry::cry::LOL:

Sponsored Links
Wow, thanks, those replies are all pretty unanimous! My finance has the Salus internet system in another property and it's faultless.

What would you recommend instead of Salus? The Drayton stuff looks horrible and would rather something a bit more stylish.

The words Honey and Well spring to mind.

Nest or Honeywell.
But you are limited if you are set on built-in to boiler panel and will have to go with units designed to fit.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back