Swapping Drayton Digistat SCR with Salus Receiver

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,

We've constantly had issues with our Drayton wireless receiver losing the signal from the stat. This time it's given up altogether, after googling this it appears to be a common fault with the Draytons.

I've therefore decided to go for the Salus RT500 as it seems extremely reasonable for the price and a friend has one with no issues at all.

My question is, is the receiver a fairly basic swap for the Drayton. Looking at the instructions the wiring seems similar but the connections have different names, although L and N I can cope with fine! But on the Drayton there is a COMMON (terminal 1) and CALL FOR HEAT (terminal 3), each has a wire in.

I currently have terminal 3 wired to 1 to fire the boiler due to lack of signal from the Digistat.

On the Salus there is a COM and an NO terminal (normally Open) should I therefore connect the common to COM and the wires from terminal 3 on the Drayton to the NO terminal on the Salus?

The Salus does not need an earth either so I will make these safe.

Thanks for your help!

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back