Thermostat....Simple Swap?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
A neighbour of mine has a drayton digistat 2+ wired/fixed thermostat for their worcester boach combi boiler. However it is badly positioned in the kitchen near the cooker so is is always giving false temperature readings that do not reflect the actual temperature in the rest of the house. You have to put it up to 26 degrees to get anything out of the central heating.

They want a cheap and cheerful wireless replacement and are looking at the salus rt500rf.

They were looking at installing it themselves, but I said it may be more complicated than it first appears.

However, looking at the wiring diagrams. Is it true that it should be a fairly simple swap, with the receiver unit replacing the current fixed Drayton Digistat? I as

Drayton Digistat +2/3 (fixed)
upload_2016-1-20_0-46-23.png

Salus RT500RF

upload_2016-1-20_0-49-6.png

Thanks in advance for any replies!

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
lol - I thought I'd get a response about choosing a salus.

I appreciate it is not exactly the best, but it should do the job. The programming function is not really required. As long as it can be moved away from the kitchen and set manually, it will do.

For £35 you can't go wrong. The cheapest Honeywell is well over £100. It will most certainly work better than the piece of crap that is in there now!

I know someone else who uses one and it seems fine.....

Yep. +1 Scrap the salus idea and get something better. But to answer your original question. As long as you have a permanent live, neutral and switched live wire at the current 'hard wired' stat. Then you are good to go;)

Sponsored Links
Any suggested alternative to the salus?

I guess it would be a Honeywell dt92E (non-programmable) or a Honeywell CMT927A1049 (programmable).

Their budget is tight and the honeywells are much more expensive.

Any budget alternatives?

Well that is certainly much more reasonable than the honeywell branded ones! Bit sneaky of them! Similar to weetabix making all the fake/value/ownbrand weetabix!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back