Replace Drayton Digistat with Salus RT500F?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there, any help with a couple of queries about replacing a Drayton Digistat +3RF would be welcome -

1. Would a different brand of thermostat such as a Salus RT500F work?
2. If so would it connect with the current receiver or would i need a new one?

Thanks,
Jon

Sponsored Links
Hi there, any help with a couple of queries about replacing a Drayton Digistat +3RF would be welcome -

1. Would a different brand of thermostat such as a Salus RT500F work?
2. If so would it connect with the current receiver or would i need a new one?

Thanks,
Jon
Salus don't get much love on these forums, why do you want to change the Digistat?

Thanks for the replies. The drayton digistat is working fine except that the screen display's malfunctioning - so although the heating comes on at the set times i can't make any changes to the settings because the screen display's not working.

I had a quick look online for for a replacement and thought the Salus range might be an option as they're cheaper, but it sounds like there might be a good reason for that if the quality isn't as good as Drayton?

Sponsored Links
There are many far better and cheaper than Salus the ESI range are decent , all depends what you want from the new controls

I'll check out the ESI range - would i need to replace the receiver? It's working fine so was hoping to just replace the faulty thermostat. On the functions, i'm looking to replace like for like so not after anything in the smart category, compatible with apps, alexa etc.

you still need a new pair, you could be very lucky in buying a stat that would bind with your existing SCR but very unlikely

the screen display's not working
Are you at all interested in tinkering with the display to get it working again?
We may be able to offer some hints.
If some of the display doesn't show, does it reappear if you gently press the housing around the edge of the display?

Yeh, first thing i tried was a new pair of batteries but no change. Have tried pressing the housing around the edge but doesn't have any effect. Would be good to fix the thermostat if possible - any suggestions?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back