Worcester Greenstar 30Si Compact ErP with no thermostat receiver but with thermostat

I am guessing someone to hard wire the receiver into my boiler and then replace then install the thermostat with batts installed. Any idea on UK cost?
If it's hard wired the boiler doesn't need anything which I'd describe as a receiver. When the thermostat sends 240 volt to the boiler, it fires!
What do you think Hive will do that the Salus can't, except maybe (guessing now) remote access via a smartphone?

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
As a matter of interest, do boilers ever have built in receivers? Putting them inside a Faraday cage doesn't sound like a sensible idea to me.

As a matter of interest, do boilers ever have built in receivers? Putting them inside a Faraday cage doesn't sound like a sensible idea to me.
Yes
try a quick google!
;)

Coincidentally, try a Salus for starters:

1680514778582.png

Fair point. But are you saying that this is fitted inside a boiler? The instructions don't mention that. I suppose there is no reason that they couldn't allow for aerials if the receiver is integral, but everything I've looked at on the internet is rather vague on that detail.

Sponsored Links
You have a wired stat not an RF one easiest to replace is a NestE it is also battery powered , the two existing wires go into the nestE Com and NO terminals doesnt matter which way round, dont get another model of Nest or hive they wont work without wiring alterations

also_

1) top pressure up to 1bar
2) Turn heating dial to e or lower.
3) turn hot water temp down as well.

OK, batteries have been out for an hour now and thermostat display has went off. Does this mean that this is not hardwired to the thermostat after all?

Last edited:
OK, batteries have been out for an hour how and thermostat display has went off. Does this mean that this is not hardwired to the thermostat after all?
No, it just means the internal backup battery has run-down.
Your thermostat is battery powered (not mains powered), even if it is hardwired to the boiler.
The display showing, without the batteries, was never an indicator of whether it is hardwired.

Remove the thermostat from the wall - and see what connections are behind it...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back