wireless thermostat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm in the market for a thermostat to be situated in the living room and I would like one that is wireless as it could turn out be rather messy with the installation of a wired one.

The distance from thermostat to boiler would be no more than 15 metres and there would be 2 walls between the thermostat and the receiver at the boiler.

Has anybody got any experience of wireless thermostats or reccomendations on a good model?

Sponsored Links
There will be no problem with it working in your property honeywell ,danfoss and drayton are all decent makes boils down to what you want to pay

As far as I'm aware my boiler is not a combi boiler, will that make any difference in the type of thermostat I choose?

Sponsored Links
No difference at all if going for basic stat if going for best practise for a normal system you can get programmable room stats that incorporate HW timings but this would be a lot dearer

Is there a difference between the basic thermostat types and the more advanced, other than cost? I wouldn't be setting up different heating zones because the boiler and plumbing isn't set up for such a system so would it benefit me in any way to go for one of the more advanced dearer types of thermostats?

Fit a Honeywell CM927. It is the easiest to use, is reliable and arguably is the best looking.

Get one that allows for different temps at different times, they are not a lot dearer, I had a standard wireless one & changed to a programmable one. Its well worth it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back