Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Basically I am wondering if a re circulation valve would cure this problem

A little background...

My neighbours live in a 3 story house with water tank in the basement,
they recently had a plumber fit a pump as there was little flow at the
top of the house.

Now the problem is, the pump seems to get the pressure up, but a blow of valve fires a 2-3 second burst of water into an open drain below their
kitchen window.
This happens every 5-10 minutes, my bedroom window is 20 feet away from the drain and it literally sounds like someone is firing a jetwash into a bucket for a few seconds.
This blow off valve fires every 5-10 minutes 24/7 and at 2-3-4am is particularly tiresome.

I would be interested if a re circulation valve could be fitted to stop this problem, before I go round to have a polite word, I thought it would make sense to at least have some form of potential solution and also help reduce their water bill.

Any views greatly appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Some thoughts:

Could turning the pump speed down reduce the build up of pressure and result in less frequent "Blow Offs"?

Could some kind of diffuser be fitted to the outlet to silence its Blow Off?

Failing that recirculating a small amount of water back to the tank should prevent excessive pressure building up and eliminate Blow Offs.

Thanks for the response and suggestions...I will propose these.....am I right in thinking that a recirculation rather than blow off valve is the usual fitment here?
Cheers

Sponsored Links
Clearly there is a problem with the design or installation of this system.

Its causing you a nuisence and thats not permitted.

Its also wasting water which is contrary to the water regulations.

I strongly advise you to ask them to get professional help to sort it out. In other words you should not get involved in telling them what they should do with it.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back