RE: FERROLI OPTIMA 700 & Leak Sealer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I've posted a few questions on this before, tried a few things but not really found the solution (though thought I had....). I've basically got a combi boiler (Ferroli Optima 700) losing pressure ever since I had it serviced. I've since had the PRV changed and I check the outfall regularly when the boiler has been on and its dry/no drips.

The pressure always seems to drop to about 0.5 bar normally over the course of three to four days having started at about 1.2 bar. The pressure vessel seems ok at a consistent 1 bar with no sign of water inside. All my radiators have been bled and all TRVs placed fully on.

We have one room with underfloor heating attached to the system. The temp in the underfloor heating room controls the boiler wirelessly and we have a flow valve to ensure water not drawn away from taps when needed. With this set up the boiler tends to turn on and off frequently throughout the day/night to maintain the underfloor heating temp whilst also feeding the radiators which we control with the TRV. The underfloor heating was put in between joists and bedded into a screed about 8 months ago - got no reason to believe its leaking as all was inspected in detail before the wood floor went down on top - and no sign of the wood taking in moisture.

My plumber reckons we have a leak somewhere, but this seems odd considering the problem has occurred since the service. In addition its difficult to check for leaks as the downstairs is covered in wood floors. There are no obvious leaks coming through from upstairs and none apparent from the boiler

Unless anyone can give me any pointers the next thing I thought I might try is a leak sealer that you apply through one of the radiators. Can anyone advise whether these things are effective and if so is there a particular brand/type that is best? Also will this be ok with the underfloor heating - thinking mainly in terms of the pump ?

As always any pointers very much appreciated

Thanks

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back