Re-Grout Coming Out...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

Long time reader, first time poster:

Last Feb I re-grouted the kitchen floor after a slow water leak from washer started to loosen the old grout from underneath.

Fixed the leak, hacked out the old stuff, let the floor dry, mixed up and re applied some "Mapei BuildFix Flexible Wall & Floor Grout" and it looked great.

A few months later and it has started to come out in small inch-long chunks, especially when hoovering over it. Once one part came out the rest has quickly followed and it now looks a proper mess. The tiles are apprx 10" x 20" ceramic on a plywood floor. Grout width is approx 5mm.

Before I reattempt the grouting, could anyone advise on why this happened? This was my first attempt at grouting so I'm not ruling out a school boy error somewhere along the lines...

All advice welcome.

Cheers
Phil

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Great, thanks - Whilst I'm removing the old grout I was going to remove a couple of cracked tiles and replace.

Any advice on removing individual tiles and re-fixing level with the floor?

Do I need a flexible adhesive?

Cheers
Phil

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back