re install windows

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I am wanting to reinstall windows xp home on my laptop as it is running slower than when new. Is it possible to save my favourites from internet explorer as I would struggle to find all of them again. Is it possible to do this. I have the hard drive partitioned into two drives and have everything I want to keep stored on drive D.

Sponsored Links
start
all programs
accessories
system tools
file & settings transfer wizard

Best to put them on a CD

If you do this once a month it will be a great help to you when you have a hard disk crash or someone steals your PC.

or get a second external hard drive an back everything to it , I love mine , I use a proggie called Acronis True Image , it takes a snap shot , an when my puter doesnt boot or is Hakked , I reinstall everything from that drive , dead easy in 5mins

btw I dance about in the far dark reaches of the net , an visit hakkor forums ,blackhat /grey hat boards
so dancing with the devil in the pale moon light has its downsides ;)

get an external harddrive ,get acronis its shareware , use an see :)

Only snag with that method (well 2 snags..) is 1- your external drive is bound to fail right when you need it ! and 2- you are bound to take a snaphot right after the **** hit the fan....

Sponsored Links
thanks for the advice. used the file transfer wizard. Worked better than I was hoping for, running much faster now. All help is much appreciated
Thank you

Back