re: Kitchen Diner Advice.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Morning everyone.

I’m hoping that somebody will be able to give us some advise on steps with this one...

I’ve just had an offer accepted on a property in Carshalton and we're trying to work out what we want to do with the kitchen / dining room.

I'm a big foody so would like more room , and we're trying to work out how to achieve that.

Either my knocking through or adding a conservatory I guess?.

Would be great to get some thoughts on what you'd do (and how) if anyone has the time.

I’ve supplied some floor plans and images which may give you enough to go on for some initial thoughts.

Sponsored Links
im no builder but i would knock through and bring the kitchen door back close to the front door so it squares off the room a bit more but thats just me.
I'd have the dining table on the left side next to the french doors and the kitchen units on the right.

another one is you do a conservatory and use that as the dinning room and do a full kitchen with a breakfast table.

just my opinion I would put the door in the lounge in the hall wall and block the open plan back up. and make it 2 separate rooms

Sponsored Links
Or knock through, change the exiting kitchen door/window for a single central wider window. At least you can have an L shaped worktop then.

Depends if you've got the budget to extend or not?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back