RE: New waste pipes

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I currently live in a semi detached property and we have a single shared waste pipe to my septic tank (all the piping comes together to one outlet beneath my house). The piping is under the foundation and buried 1m below ground ouside to the tank. What I wish to do is separate or install new waste piping since recently there was a blockage that caused effluent to come up through the shower drain - the neighbour had no idea and continued using but it kept backing up into my property. In order to avoid this situation if say I am on holiday and coming back to a disaster then I believe i have little option.
To separate the piping from the neighbours waste to our own would be difficult since it requires digging up the concrete floor and 'guessing' where the connection could be. Since the house is in the early building phase I am thinking of installing new piping under a floating floor, above the concrete and capping all existing piping (sink, basin, bath and shower) and cementing over them. Bare in mind that all the plumbing is ground level. Then dropping one soil pipe down through the floor to exit with the existing soil pipe (which will become the neighbours).
My question is whether you think there are any other alternatives? Or whether I should try to find the connection between the neighbour and my soil pipe?
Your comments would be appreciated. I don't live in England but in Estonia, and I can't enlist the advice of a professional here because ther arent any!

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back