Re-plaster between bay windows

Sponsored Links
Great ideas from rc and Steve , l have also in the past dot and dabbed plasterboard on bay window pillars. I get the measurement of the pillar and allow a few inches then get the height and cut it to size.Then run your stanley down the centre on the back of the board then put it in position and push it in to the angle .Once you have done that you can put your board adhesive on the back of the board and put it in to place. You could do the cheeks of the pillar the same way and when it has all "gone off" cut off the overlap of the angles. Before you skim it you can put a "stop" bead on the corners and skim to it. I would also get a joiner to either put a new cill board on so he can run it into the angle of the pillars or cut off the "nosing "of the original one and put a new one on and run it in.
good idea that roy its so simple i never would have thought of that

just as a note to AW2011S if you do have to remove the said bead and do any of the suggested methods then i expect you will have to make adjustments to the other beads around the window or they wont line up

just as a note to AW2011S if you do have to remove the said bead and do any of the suggested methods then i expect you will have to make adjustments to the other beads around the window or they wont line up
I agree with Steve it will be best to bring it all in the same ... ;)

Sponsored Links
I agree with Steve it will be best to bring it all in the same ... ;)

This is probably why the plasterer is thinking it will be a can of worm lol! Thanks for the advice re cill Roy. Does the cill need doing before the plastering? Not sure if the cills sit "into" the reveals.

Yes, if the cill is put on first then that governs the central point of the pillars so the plasterer can determine where the centre of the pillar is and work from that.. ;) If the pillars are getting dot and dabbed then the dpc up the window pillars should be siliconed underneath where the board meets the frame and then cut off before plastering so no damp can track back onto the finished face...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back