Re-pressurising CH sys on duotec with permanent loop

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Baxi Duotec combi HE A 33

Having bled some rads I can't recall the procedure for repressurising the system and the user instructions only refer to a removable pipe that is fitted temporarily for the purpose of repressurising. However my boiler appears to have a permanently fitted filling loop.

On the right side of the boiler I can see the filling loop which consists of a short copper tube with a tap either end connected between two pipes that are the cold water inlet and the heating return that themselves have valves.

Do I just open the taps at either end of the short copper tube or do I need to close the valve to the heating return pipe as well.

Sorry if this seems a no brainer question to you seasoned jockeys.

Many thanks

Fent

Sponsored Links
Your boiler should be fitted with a removable filling loop which has a double check valve as part of it. :confused:

Can you post a pic of the 'permanent filling loop'.

Andy.

There are at least 2 varieties of built in filling loop on this boiler from memory. Are there 2 black round taps with a very short piece of pipe inbetween?

If so turn one on fully, then slowly use the other one to control the water entering the heating system. Once the pressure is between 1-1.5 bar, turn them both off.

Job done

HTH Sam

Sponsored Links
Yep as above you need to be turning those round taps

Sam

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back