re-washers

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi guys, got a problem with washer tank on my bmw.
rarely used for several years and washer tank water had mould build up blocking motor, pipes, wiper jets.
cleaned it all out, 6 months ago, and used regularly now, but mould still coming back, obviously tiny bit still in and growing over time.culture;
just done it again, working fine.
Is thier a anti fungal screenwash or can you reccommend putting anything in tank to kill mould.or keep it at bay.?
thought of bleach, but reluctant ,will it damage motor pump, wipers.
vinigar was next thought, but will that do any harm ?
any ideas, much appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Apparently adding household washing up liquid is what starts this process. In theory putting proper screen wash additive in should stop the process.

Milton's is just salty water with a drop of bleach in it. I'm sure you've got both in your kitchen.
I've come across your problem before. I removed the washer bottle, cleaned it out and repleace it.
A single drop of bleach should be enough to keep it at bay but if you don't use it for long periods it could recur.

Sponsored Links
Milton's is just salty water with a drop of bleach in it. I'm sure you've got both in your kitchen.
I've come across your problem before. I removed the washer bottle, cleaned it out and repleace it.
A single drop of bleach should be enough to keep it at bay but if you don't use it for long periods it could recur.

well is it????? :eek:
blimey learn summit every day,
and theres me thinking as i use to use the stuff for cleaning/sterilizing my babys bottles etc i was thinking it was safe?.

It is safe, it's just premixed mild bleach so that you don't accidently overdose the baby's bottle with the real stuff.

Hi guys Thanksall. I,ve always had proper screenwash in, from new.
Just emptied it of new screenwash.5 litres in bmw.
Gave it to my son , so it,s used often now.
since march, but still come back.unbelievable how much .
I will try a bit of bleach, use it for mould in shower;;
cheers all

Water purifying tablets from local caravan store, drop one in washer bottle every so often.

Wotan

Sponsored Links
Back