Ready Mix Render

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can you get bags ready mix render in the UK? I have just watched a You Tube vid with an Aussie bloke using something called "Render it". I just have small diy project to do and Im being lazy.

P.S if I have to go down the sand, cement lime route can I use a bucket and plastering drill to mix it up? i have an extreamly powerfull core bit drill with loads of torque. or should I just use a shovel.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
I've seen that video on You Tube Rob, but can offer no help on the product at all. I would go down the sand, cement and lime route, and depending on the size of the job, i would mix it with a shovel or a cement mixer, rather than the plastering drill,,,, which i have never used for mixing mortar.

Roughcaster.

Yep, that's the one, i've seen it before. Call me old fashioned, but i, probably along with most others,, prefer the traditional way of cement rendering onto brick/blockwork,,, scratch coat/top coat,,,, with a sponge finish. ;)

Roughcaster.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the tip with the sponge finish, what a difference that makes irons out all the nastys and gives it a slightly textured finish which I like as well. It looks pretty much dried out now, decent bit of sun in the North for a change this weekend :D think I will give it a week of so before I splash the paint on. Is it worth giving is a coat of PVA before the paint goes on or just wet it down?

Well done Rob!! ;) Don't use PVA or wet the render surface before you paint onto it. Read the instructions on the tin though as regards to painting onto a newly rendered surface. It might be a case of painting straight onto it, or it might say to thin it down for the first coat,, i don't know. But as i said,, PVA is taboo as a sealer for paint,,, and once again,, you would always paint onto dry surface.

Roughcaster.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back