Rear 5m extension

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

Put in full plans for a 5m rear extension along with other work hoping that the other work would be done first and a few years down the line the extension

I was reading up on the neighbour consultation scheme and it states extension must be completed by 30th may 2016, which doesn't fit with my original plan. Reading into it more, it mentions PD, will this apply to me as I submitted full plans?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
When you say 'full plans', do you mean you have made a planning application, or are you talking about a building regulations application?

If you have applied for planning permission, then assuming you get it, you will not be restricted by the 2016 date. You will just have to start the work before the expiration of three years after your grant of permission, but you can take as long as you want to complete it.

Sponsored Links
If you have applied for planning permission, then assuming you get it, you will not be restricted by the 2016 date. You will just have to start the work before the expiration of three years after your grant of permission, but you can take as long as you want to complete it.

Thanks for that, just what I needed to hear.

Just hoping planning is accepted now, should know by end April. :mrgreen:

What will happen to extensions started under the neighbourhood consultation scheme that don't get finished by 2016? Will Eric Pickles come and sit on them?

Hopefully not, because he should be out of a job by then.

Cheers
Richard

As the extension application also includes flat to pitched roof on a side extension, if I only started the roof does that count as "starting the work", even if the actually extension is not started?

As the extension application also includes flat to pitched roof on a side extension, if I only started the roof does that count as "starting the work", even if the actually extension is not started?

The extension is just a part of your planning application. As long as you make a substantial start on the other parts, then technically you have started that work describe in the planning permission, and can then take as long as you want.

Building a pitched roof would be regarded as 'substantially started'.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back