Rear bumper huggers.

How about a nice big sign "SMILE I AM CATCHING YOU ON MY REAR VIEW DASH CAM"

Ken

I installed front and rear cams a few years ago and did consider putting such a sign in, but then thought it might antagonise them. My cam caught a lorry driver on the M62 in a congested 50 zone round Manchester, bully other drivers out of his way to make progress. When he got to me, him in L2 (towing in L1) he yanked the wheel over deliberately to force me to let him in, so he could undertake. I was very lucky and was able to brake to avoid him, forewarned watching his progress in my mirrors. I recorded (audio) the reg number, where and the name of the company on my cam, at the time - then made a formal complaint to Manchester police along with the captured video and audio, which they made use of with my statement.

Sponsored Links
How about a nice big sign "SMILE I AM CATCHING YOU ON MY REAR VIEW DASH CAM"

Ken

Got one of them stickers to go with the plainly visible working camera, (a little red light flashes when it's running). I can only assume some drivers can't read plain English.

Got one of them stickers to go with the plainly visible working camera, (a little red light flashes when it's running). I can only assume some drivers can't read plain English.

They aren't interested is the reality of it. The BSIA suggest there are 4-6m CCTV cameras in the UK. I'm sure your dashcam isn't doing much to deter anyone.

I had an old '79 Opel Rekord with tow bar that a very substantial van ran into. The front end of the van was wrecked.

Sponsored Links
They aren't interested is the reality of it. The BSIA suggest there are 4-6m CCTV cameras in the UK. I'm sure your dashcam isn't doing much to deter anyone.

Yes, but will there be one where you need it? Very unlikely despite the numbers. I would feel naked driving without a cam running in the car. Drivers have become so poor and impatient and some care nothing for the people around them whom they put at risk.

Yes, but will there be one where you need it? Very unlikely despite the numbers. I would feel naked driving without a cam running in the car. Drivers have become so poor and impatient and some care nothing for the people around them whom they put at risk.

I have cameras on my house and a dash cam in my van. They're not a deterrant (well, they don't seem to work very well), just serve as a record of anything that's noteworthy.

Australians were buggers for this. They would do it in the slow lane as they do like to take on the inside.

I have cameras on my house and a dash cam in my van. They're not a deterrant (well, they don't seem to work very well), just serve as a record of anything that's noteworthy.

I want rear one as well as a front camera. Have you got one at the back?

I want rear one as well as a front camera. Have you got one at the back?

Mine is a combined unit, though rather an old model now. Front is an HD, rear is SD which plugs into front cam via a long lead, so both record to the same card.

On my last cam it was a dual camera but the rear one failed after a long spell. Picked up a single view one and fitted it in the back. That is connected to a 12v supply in the boot so 2 independent supplies in case one fails.

Easy to find for front and rear for cars and small vans.

Mines big with solid back doors

Sponsored Links
Back