1. Visiting from the US? Why not try DIYnot.US instead? Click here to continue to DIYnot.US.
    Dismiss Notice

Rear window heater tab

Discussion in 'Car Repairs / Maintenance' started by ChilliBob, 3 Jan 2017.

1. ChilliBob

ChilliBob

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Hey everyone,

The tab which connects to the rear window has fallen off, hence no heat to defrost or demist ability.

I looked on YouTube and it seems you can buy some kit with conductive epoxy and Wipes.

Could I not use electrical contact spray on each surface and a small bit of duct tape to achieve the same thing?
    Any tips appreciated :) cheers

2. Sponsored Links
  3. wgt52

wgt52

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    The tab which connects to the rear window has fallen off, hence no heat to defrost or demist ability.
    Sorry to hear that...

I looked on YouTube and it seems you can buy some kit with conductive epoxy and Wipes.
    True; Is it silver 'loaded' - Best; or copper 'loaded' resonable subsitute; If Aluminimum loaded don't bother.

Could I not use electrical contact spray on each surface and a small bit of duct tape to achieve the same thing?
    No! Contact spray is a switch cleaner and will not necessarily be a conductore and certainly would not carry the heating element current. Duct tape would soffen with the heating effect of the current passing throuh the temporay repair connection.

A windscreen repair guy may be a better help.