Reassurance about condensate

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have recently moved to a house with a combi in the loft, it's an Atag E32C, the condensate pipe drops into the bathroom below and is connected to the basin waste, is that ok?

I have a vague memory about carbon monoxide possible escaping via condensate but I suppose the basin trap would have to be dry for that? I might be confusing many things of course, just wanted reassurance if poss.

I have attached a pic of the condensate outlet of the boiler, there is an air gap there so perhaps that makes all of the above irrelevant and overly paranoid!!

condensate.jpg

Sponsored Links
That is fine if the boiler has a built in trap as most do nowadays.
Although for the drainage system of the house there needs to be a trap downstream of the open end up prevent bad smells coming back in.

Perfectly normal to have condensate run into internal drains (preferred method) and air breaks fine as well as said as long as boiler has internal trap.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back