Moving condensate pipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I have an Atag E32C in the loft. The condensate is routed outside to the soil stack and has frozen up the previous 2 winters.

Since then the bathroom is being re-done and this would allow the condensate to be re-routed internally into a waste pipe within the bathroom.

The current condensate is done in pushfit overflow.

Is it ok (and safe) to cut this condensate a couple of metres away from the combi and re-route it internally?

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
What size was the original condensate pipe (outside). It should be at least 32mm and preferably 40mm to prevent ice blockage.

The overflow pipe (15mm?) went outside and was covered with 32mm waste which came from the bathroom and went into the stack.

Yes.

Internal routing of the condensate pipe is the preferred option.

The condensate pipe is part of the boiler installation and therefore should only altered by an RGI.

Sponsored Links
its a Swirl" "thermo" 3 year guarantee.
As allo the pipework is concealed and tiled over the feeds go into a bar valve fixing kit with 3/4" threaded unions....
Pity can't find a replacement non thermo mxer, but allo the centres are still 150 but the unions are all 15mm/1/2".
If its the cartridge that is spitting its dummy out, whats the point? Better to get it right and make it last. I take the point that 5p per shower at 1 shower per day.... Thats less than the depreciation and wear n tear on my power tools... public/persomnal liability insurance and standard depreciation on hand tools! Poo! :( I... dropped a pair of rothenberger wp pliers down a cavity wall last week!
Non thermo... PEV on dhw cw feeds? It's located over a bath not in a cubicle and its combi/mains fed...

At the bottom of the boiler, behind the plastic flap, there appears to be a plastic funnel which the condensate drops into freely (i.e. exposed to air), so in this case surely the condensate pipe thereafter is safe to be re-routed?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back