Rebuilding Brick Pillar or Alternatives?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Irritatingly, a flying trampoline took out my power line from my house to garage. In doing so, the steel pole holding it up tore off the top of the brick pillar that it was bolted into (see below).

There is an old RSJ in the middle of the pillar that goes up to about 1m above ground level.

I'm thinking that rebuilding the pillar from bricks is the most straight forward way of sorting this out, but are there other options?

I was thinking of using clamps to attach the pole to the RSJ and then cladding the lot to hide it all as I'm no real fan of the brick pillar. Also, when money allows, it might be easier when the drive gets redone to have something with a smaller footpring.

All ideas gratefully received and considered.

Thanks,

Adam

trampstamp.jpeg

Sponsored Links
If you don’t like brick piers, then it may be a better idea to bury the power cable (properly)

If you don’t like brick piers, then it may be a better idea to bury the power cable (properly)
Hi Mr Chibs,

thanks for the idea. The difficulty is that it would need to go under the road which would likely be expensive.

I’m more inclined to attach the pole to the rsj and then clad with wood.

If the rsj is embedded well into the ground, you could remove the bricks, bolt a wooden post into the rsj.
You could cut down the rsj to be more like a stub.

wont look the best though.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back