reccomendations

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I'd like to know if other customers or indeed traders have had issues with other traders that were recommended to them by friends or colleagues.

I am at the last few stages of refurbishing my home and in the last 12 months I have had several trades in.

All but one were sources on yellow pages or forums such as this one. The only one I got through reccomendation was a spark and that was a bad choice. He did not finish the job, some of the bits he did were not right and I had to chase for certificate. I should have seen some warning signs which I chose to ignore when he quoted thinking that as this person was reccomended I was being too anxious, but i wish i had trusted my gut feeling.

Other trades I got just by ads or forums were tiler, plumber and plasterer. These were great and did a very good job.

Maybe I am the odd one out but in the future I'll stay away from reccommendations and just trust my gut feeling.

I was wondering if anyone had bad storied about a reccomendationg one wrong.

I've seen a lot of advice given to follow a reccomendation but is this really the best way to source a good tradesman?

Over to you

Sponsored Links
Seems to be a lottery to me - tried to get recommended trades wherever possible while refurbing our new place: Most were good but some were shocking!

Sponsored Links
most people who are recomended, (yes i cant spell or be arsed to use speeell cheeker either!) are recomended as they did a good job for the "friend" that gave you their number, this just may be a one off. or your mate hates you and got pooed on by said sparky and thought it be funny to pass him over to you for similar ****ing on :LOL:

Back