reclaimed engineered sportshall floor help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I bought 45m2 of the above which is in really good condition. it's t&g 150mm wide 25mm thick 2strip beech board that I'm acclimating to my house atm. I'm almost done removing the old secret nails (such fun). anyway

I'm going down in the hallway and kitchen/diner. Hallway and half of the kitchen diner are the old house and level...half of the old half of the k/d is concrete, the other is wood then the extended half is concrete (down 11 months).

still following? clear as mud i know.. anyway the extensions concrete is higher at the join to the old, 2mm one side to 15mm the other (rising over the 5.5m width)

I can't take the whole floor up to the new hight with ply as I'm restricted with openings etc. Can I get away with having a fall over couple of metres?(using compound) and should I nail to the wood, glue to the concrete? or float with underlay + dpm for the concrete.

and all this before I start laying the bloody floor lol seemed such a good idea at the time.

any comments much appreciated... helpful ones even more so :)

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back