Recognise this shelving?????

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi. Anyone recognise these????

I've got a big bag of aluminium shelving supports of different sizes, plenty to shelve the garage. But no uprights! They are probably at least 40 years old as they came from an older guy. Does anyone recognise the make so I can track down some uprights?

Attachments

• Ali Shelving.jpg
    Ali Shelving.jpg
    170.5 KB · Views: 103
Sponsored Links
havent got a clue
but looking at it its a rectangle with a slot in it set up to give you level with the lower section in front off the channel and perhaps 15 degree slope with lower section in the channel ??

I don't remember the make, but the aluminium ones are not as strong as steel such as the old "Spur" design

I have both, but only because I've never got round to pulling off the ally and binning it.

in the pic yours looks fairly thick, but it might be the camera scale.

Sponsored Links

that's the name to search for!

Also, try under "shop fittings" on ebay, it's the kind of thing that gets stripped out in refits.

IIRC, "Spur" went bust and there are chinese and other copies of the steel dual-hooked type now, but somebody seemed to buy up the warehouse and was selling off stock.

I'm sure that there was a cheaper lightweight range made by Spur just like that. Bought some myself in the early 80s which is now in the cellar. I also bought some even cheaper knock off copy shelving from someone like Payless DIY (remember them?) only to find that the two were nearly identical, but completely incompatible.

"Peter Sully stepped in acquiring all of the stock from the German operations and then the former Spur factory in Great Torrington."

that's the feller.

"we also have stocks of Spur aluminium T-slot cantilever and energy saving radiator brackets. T-slot was originally called "Budget" but is actually a classy shelving product which the company has brought back into production."

aha!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back