Recommend Good Wireless Thermostat?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have been in my house a few months now and now its getting cold its the first time we have really used the heating. Weirdly our current wired thermostat is upstairs with the radiator in that 'Zone' at the bottom of the stairs and therefore takes forever for the thermostat to reach its designated temperature, meaning all other radiators are boiling hot.

So, im looking to replace the thermostat with a wireless one and put the wireless box at the bottom of the stairs.

I current have a Honeywell CM61 wired thermostat and am looking to get one that will be a direct replacement for the part that fits to the wall.

Its for a vaillant combi, and i want 7 day programmable options preferable.

any help much appreciated

thanks

Sponsored Links
Thanks, sorry should have said I was hoping to spend as little as possible but obviously good enough quality.

Nest is expensive really, i dont want anything fancy

Sponsored Links
I like the recently introduced Drayton MiStat - available in either in programmable, or cheaper non-programmable versions.

They have large, backlit, easily read displays, and can be wall or table mounted. Some good prices for these on Ebay.

http://www.draytoncontrols.co.uk/mi-series-mi-stat-programmable/[/QUOTE]

Thanks, they're quite nice looking aswell.

How do these fit then, that site says no wiring required? does one part not just straight swap with what is already on my wall? Surely that is wiring required technically :eek:

Obviously, the stat/transmitter isn't wired, but it's receiver is. For a combi, the receiver would normally be mounted near boiler, where it will need a permanent mains supply - normally sharing the boiler's fused spur or picking up L and N from inside boiler.

It's 2 switching wires will also be wired into the boiler's stat connection inside it's electrics. This should be obvious where these connections are, as the 2 switching wires from existing stat will be connected there at present.

Only attempt DIY installation if you are confident that you can install it safely. If in doubt, it's not a big job so a heating engineer would be best.

I like the recently introduced Drayton MiStat - available in either in programmable, or cheaper non-programmable versions.

They have large, backlit, easily read displays, and can be wall or table mounted. Some good prices for these on Ebay.

http://www.draytoncontrols.co.uk/mi-series-mi-stat-programmable/[/QUOTE]

Their previous RF range has been terrible especially at their prices. Will be a few years before I'd consider fitting another one.

Honeywell all day long

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back