Want to upgrade a basic honeywell thermostat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I currently have a 7day honywell ST6400C programmer and a very basic dial thermostat from Honey well to.

I would like to change the thermostat. IDeally without having to change the programmer.

What thermostats would users recommend.

IS my current thermostat wired or wireless? IS it possible to add a wireless thermostat and what would be the advantages of that?

Do I have to go with a honeywell thermostat.

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
It is very likely your thermostat is hardwired - Post a photo of it.

Why do you want to replace it? Do you want it to do something it does not do?

If wired you can replace with almost any type of or make of thermostat. But I see no point in using wireless where you already have one wired. Wireless use batteries but need to be "in range" so siting may be an issue. Interference is not a problem generally but all wireless devices are exposed to that potential problem.

Some thermostats can be programmed to work at different temperatures at different times and avoid having to re-dial!

http://www.honeywelluk.com/products/Programmable-Thermostats/

As above. If you're happy with current location of stat, no need to spend extra money on a wireless version. As already mentioned, wireless tend to suffer more problems than wired. If you do need wireless, don't choose the cheapest models.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back