Recommend: Thermostatic shower?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone recommend a thermostatic shower, around the £100 price range?

I was going to install an electric shower, but with the eletrician stating its gona cost around £300 just for the 10mm cable, new junction box, lifting of floor boards etc, its not worth the hassle or the money. Deciding on a thermostatic shower which runs of the mains, but having little experience of these, not sure which one would be a good choice.

Can anyone recommend me any?

many thanks

Sponsored Links
You might need to up your budget a little bit, but I fitted a Triton Dove to my holiday cot (oil fired worcester combi) and its been absolutely superb. It has the overhead drench too.
If you look around for deals you can save a lot of dosh.
John :)

It certainly looks like a good bit of kit with a good warranty...what it doesn't say is how many litres of water it can pass in a minute. Some of the more expensive ones state this in their specification.
Its probably worth looking at the various forums where people make an appraisal of individual showers - but there will be so many choices!
I guess the most important thing is ' you get what you pay for'.

Sponsored Links
Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Very similar, but mine has the drench that goes overhead, as well as the normal shower 'telephone'. It has a diverter valve so you can use one or the other. Mind you, I fitted it a year ago so styles or names may well have changed.

i've just asked that company what the flow rate is through the shower and this is the respinse they gave:-

"That depends on your water supply and boiler/tank you’re running it from and not the shower as it is pressure dependant.

Best thing to do is consult your manuals unless you know your current water pressures.

Kind regards
."

Why is it some showers have the flow rate and this guy is reluctant to give it for this particular shower?

The shower will have a flow rate - within parameters - and this can depend on the incoming water pressure, the length of the pipe runs, the pipe diameter and the height of the cold tank above the shower head if its a gravity set up - so there are a lot of variables here.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back