Recommendations for UFH make

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Quite a broad question I know but...

So I am in the planning process of digging up my lounge floor and installing a concrete slab and insulation etc. I have decided I may as well install UFH at this point (as I currently have radiators already in situ) however I wanted to know what makes or companies people could recommend.

What I am going to install specifically is;

Wet system
20m sq. approx
3 port manifold (for future UFH installations on the same floor)
It will be connected up to a combi boiler

I am going to be installing it myself largely, and so ideally would like a system which is not overly complicated. It doesn't need to be a high end system, just one that will be reliable and good value for money. I know it probably sounds that I am clueless, but I have got a good idea of how I am going to do the installation and what is required, I just am finding it hard to decide which company to go with.

Any suggestions or comments etc. very much appreciated.

Cheers

N.

Sponsored Links
For this sized system they are all much of a muchness.

Just make sure the control strategy is correct and don't just tack it onto the existing rad circuit.

I use Polplumb system. No problems so far. Readily available and instruction book is good if you've not done it before.
Jeff

Sponsored Links
I used Wavin/Thermoboard/Hepworth now sold as Hep2O. I was very impressed with their composite manifold. I went whole house (split level bungalow with nearly 1km of UF piping) and the eveness of heating and comfort levels are impressive. It's on a combi boiler.

As said make sure you separate the UFH and radiator circuits with zone valves and perhaps a low loss header. Install programmable zone controls as UFH needs a far longer warm up time than radiators.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back