Recommendations - Guttering

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Which guttering solutions/ manufacturer do you prefer + why?

Floplast seemed to be the darling of many on the forum in the past - but I see them being mentioned less & less.

So - what off the shelf system would you choose/recommend (off-the-shelf plastic type) & why?

Sponsored Links
I wouldn't recommend Brett Martin, joints fail very quickly and have loose easily damaged parts.[seals]

The seals are a big tell. There's clearly a marked difference in the mass and quality of the seals used.

Problem is that there's so many manufacturers out there - how to select a decent quality solution is getting harder and harder to do?

Sponsored Links
Can only say back in the days when plumbing and heating contractors used to do guttering and fallpipes we did well over a thousand dwellings with polypipe guttering and had no problems apart fromm odd clip knocked by scaffolders.

Polypipe does seem to be mentioned more frequently in posts on the forum.

For me - The thickness & finish of the plastic components, the strength of any brackets & very importantly - the quality of the seals, are what its all about.

Floplast seem to be having supply issues at the moment due to raw material availability.

Asking for some recommendations from fellow community members of HQ alternatives?

We use freeflow on a daily basis. The seals are like a pink neoprene silicone rather than black rubber. We use fix all in the joints too so we never have to go back….ever.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back